Thursday, January 19, 2012

Starting Over


Losing my mother two years ago inspired me to take the first steps necessary toward making monumental changes in my life...one of those being the creation of this blog. To be clear, this blog is in no way monumental, however unbeknownst to me in the early stages of my efforts, it served as a catalyst toward exposing me to others in a very vulnerable and honest way. Clover and Main became one of several avenues that resulted in me being noticed by someone...someone who is in himself monumental in every way imaginable. That exposure resulted in the creation of an emotional bond with my (at the time secret) admirer, therefore initiating the changing of my life in a way I never dreamed possible.
What triggered this whole chain of events was an urgency to write created by fleeting time which was made acutely apparent to me by the loss of my mother, and the need for fulfillment of an unrealized desire to express my thoughts on the printed page. I wanted to think of myself as the author of something that just might mean something to someone someday...something that I could pass on to my children and their children and maybe, just maybe, something that might hold the interest of someone other than the audience of a kind and patient relative. In a very real and unexpected way...that is exactly what happened. Only in this day and age can one sit down at one's very own dinning room table and on a laptop accomplish that desired expression within a matter of minutes...and with just a click of the enter key put it "out there" with the potential for all the world to see and judge. If they are blessed in the way I was fortunate enough to be, they may have their world take a whole new direction in the matter of a miraculous instant.
I took a long break from the judgement, be it miraculous or not so miraculous. I was not sure if or when I would be willing to give opportunity for others to once again form an opinion of my writing skills, but for some unknown reason I find myself ready for one more judgement day and I am therfore contemplating another addition to this blog in the very near future. If this tends to be of some interest to you come back for a visit soon. From now on each entry to this blog will not only continue to be dedicated to the memory of my mother, but will also be written in honor of, and with the deepest gratitude and respect for, the love of my life...a love I became reaquainted with somewhere near the corner of Clover and Main...

No comments:

Post a Comment